This class covers an introduction to pig raring in Australia and the different breeds, including the Berkshire breed used exclusively at Victor Churchill.
The class includes a demonstration of the breaking down of a pig into the different cuts. The practical component involves preparing your own rack of pork and then a boneless pork belly. The class also teaches you how to correctly score pork skin and cook the perfect crackling.
When: Set Weekdays 7pm – 10.30pm Bi Monthly
Duration: Approx. 3.5hrs
For all class timetables please refer to the schedule and book in advance.
• Class numbers vary from 3 to 8.
• Private or advanced master classes are available upon request.
• All classes include Cape Mentelle wine and start with a light supper. A more substantial meal is served either during or at the end of the class.
• All classes excluding L’atelier de Charcuterie are held on week-day evenings between 7pm-10.30pm. L’atelier de Charcuterie is held on Sundays from 9.30am – 3.30pm.
• Items prepared by students in all butchery classes, sausage making and L’atelier de Charcuterie are yours to take home at the end of the class.